- The BC met last week without our architect and contractor to continue revising the building floor plan. We’re finding that during our meetings with the design team it’s difficult for us to have significant internal conversation to compare notes and opinions. Thus we’ve realized we need time by ourselves for this purpose.
- Our intent is to layout the basic floor plan with our architect and contractor in terms of where different ministries will be located, basic sizes and components of each area, coupled with what we project we can afford. The details of the design of each area will then be handled mostly by the individual Building Teams. For example, we have a basic layout of an office / administrative area. But will work with the Staff Buiiding Team to come up with the actual detailed internal design of this area.
- Our contemporary worship leader, Chris Gregory, is arranging tours for the BC to review West Shore Evangelical Free Church and The Meeting House to learn in particular things they wished they had done differently in their church building projects.
- Some Building Teams are beginning to meet; others are on hold on the advice of our architect until the design is further advanced. Thus far the Land Development, Worship/Music, Staff and AVL/Security/Technology teams have had initial meetings or will be meeting soon. It’s not too late to get involved with any of the Building Teams at this point – you can still do so via the CUMC website!
- If your Building Team hasn’t met yet, don’t worry, it’s simply because we’re not yet ready to get into those details! You’ll be contacted by the BT Chair when the time comes to schedule meetings.