As detailed in today’s issue of the Carlisle Sentinel, CAEDC is publicly moving forward with their plans for the repurposing of our current facility. To that end, last Friday we met with CAEDC and their architect, Murray Associates of Harrisburg, for a detailed tour of our facility and transfer of all design / construction drawings and specifications related to our campus. We are once again blessed by those who have come before us in that we have full detailed drawings of the 1965 education wing addition of the building, some structural drawings of the 1919 sanctuary addition, and complete drawings of the entire campus on a floor by floor basis related to the 2001 multipurpose room addition. Likewise, today, the electronic files of all drawings related to the 2001 addition were provided to CAEDC and Murray Associates on our behalf through the architect/engineer that designed that addition, David Black Associates of Chambersburg.
MANY churches have little if any of this information available for their buildings, as most often it is lost as years go by, especially before the days of electronic files. In the case of Allison, First and Grace, we are the exceptions, in that we had drawings available for all of these buildings to share with the future owners thanks to the diligence and stewardship of the respective Trustee Boards that have preceded us. Needless to say this is of great benefit to all who are continuing and will continue to use these facilities that have served us so well.